Well, another year has come and passed. 2011 was full of adventures, happiness, hurt, family, new opportunities, truth, soul searching, and much more. But what will 2012 bring? Honestly, I have no idea, but I’m excited to see what is in store. Here are some resolutions I made to make this year better than the last.
10 11 resolutions are (in no particular order):
1. Eat Healthier.
2. Work out more; get back into shape.
3. Read more – at least 3 books this year. (This may seem like a tiny goal, but being as I didn’t even make it through one this past year, I think this is a great and attainable goal!)
4. Keep improving myself; spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, professionally, as a wife, as a mother, as a friend.
5. Thank God for something EVERY DAY. Put thankfulness first in my mind and heart.
6. Be a better housekeeper.
7. Make more time for my hobbies: crafting, sewing, photography, blogging…
8. Learn to stop sweating/stressing the small stuff.
9. Be more money-wise and be more aware of our budget on a daily basis.
10. Start doing my daily devotions again.
11. (I almost forgot about this one.) LEARN TO SPEAK SPANISH CONVERSATIONALLY!
I really searched deep down into myself to come up with these goals. Some people may read them and think they are pretty generic, but this IS the direction I want my life to take this year. Last year I put a lot of faith in people who let me down, and I need my faith to be in God- not man. I didn’t make enough time for myself and my family; I worked hard and sacrificed too much of myself for my job and that isn’t going to happen this year. I am going to get the rest I need so I can be the mother, wife and friend I know I am inside. Also, it is extremely important I make time for my hobbies because these things make me happy and feel accomplished… when I have this sense of inner-happiness and self-accomplishment, I am more confident and esteemed and that makes me easier to be around. I am not the easiest person to be around when I am stressed and I accept that. 😦 These are my goals to improve my wellness, my self, my family and my spirit.
What are your goals for this new year? I’d love to hear about them.
Thanks for reading, come back soon. 🙂